Sometimes you just need a little treat. Believe it or not, there areways to treat yourself without derailing your healthy way of life. These homemade and healthy peppermint patties are not only delicious, but they are super easy to make! I tried out this recipe on my Supper Club and needless to say, they were a huge hit. I mean, who doesn't like Peppermint Patties?! They're minty, chocolaty and delicious...and in this case, healthy!
2 Dark Chocolate Bars
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
3-4 tbs. Raw Honey
8-10 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil (or to desired mintiness)
1. Melt 1 chocolate bar (I took the easy way out and melted it in the microwave, on the defrost setting, so it wouldn't burn).
2. Pour just enough melted chocolate into a mini muffin tin to cover the bottom (it should make about 14-16 patties).
3. Place in freezer for just a few minutes until chocolate is solid.
4. While chocolate is in freezer, slightly melt coconut oil and add in the honey and peppermint essential oil.
5. Pour coconut oil mixture to cover the first layer of hardened chocolate and place back in the freezer.
6. Melt the second chocolate bar while the mini muffin tin is in the freezer
7. Once the coconut mixture is solid, pour on the next layer of chocolate to cover the coconut oil mixture.
8. Place in the freezer one last time.
9. Once they are solid, use a knife to pop them out of the mini muffin tin and serve.
I like to wrap mine individually for a grab and go treat from time to to time, but just be sure to store them in the freezer or fridge so they don't melt.
*When using peppermint essential oil, be sure it is a quality brand that can be consumed.