10 Reasons You NEED a Health Coach!
How many times have you tried to get healthy and then your birthday was around the corner, then came Thanksgiving, Christmas, a stressful project at work popped up, you haven't been sleeping well, and on and on and on?
We celebrate everything with food and drinks...lots of food and even more drinks, and not always the healthy variety. We get carried away with saying yes to everything when all we really want is some downtime. We can literally feel our bodies calling out for nourishment and rest. But, we're only human and can only pass up the ice cream or that glass of wine or stay up way too late to finish binge watching our new favorite show so many times before we just give up and give in. So why do we do it, why do we always fail at our attempts to get healthy and stay healthy? And, how can we change it...for good?! You NEED a Health Coach!
1. Accountability. A Health Coach will hold you accountable for the goals you set out to accomplish.
2. Guidance. Sometimes you just need someone to give you some direction, a plan, a map, if you will, to your final destination.
3. Someone who actually wants you to succeed. Not that your friends and family don't want you to succeed, but it's not their priority. It's yours, so take ownership of it with the help of a Health Coach. They are just as invested in you as you are.
4. Goal setting. A Health Coach will help you to identify and define your goals and help you achieve them.
5. Individualized plan. A Health Coach will give you the tools you need, for exactly what your own personal needs are. It's not a one size fits all life. Why treat your body the way someone else treats theirs?
6. A certified Health Coach can help decipher the massive amounts of information out there. Everywhere we look there are foods and products claiming to be nutritious, healthy, the new miracle pill or fountain youth. It's exhausting! You don't have to figure it all out on your own.
7. Review, in depth, your past, present and future health. You can go to your doctor and you're in and out within minutes (after the long wait to get to them of course). Sitting down and discussing where your health has been, where it is now and where you'd like it to be, is enough to give you a solid foundation and starting point for your best health ever.
8. Partnership. A Health Coach will be your partner in health. Your succes is their success.
9. Self discovery. With the help of a Health Coach you can discover who you are and who you want to be. They will, above all else, listen to you and that is becoming increasingly rare these days. Finally, you can be heard! You might even surprise yourself by what you're saying.
10. Sometimes, you just need a cheerleader. A Health Coach will be there to cheer you on as you make the small accomplishments in reaching your larger goals. They'll even support you when you have one of those days where you want to just go back to bed and start the day over.